Back To All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we expand the company internationally. We are looking for exceptional corporate counsel to help us scale our global legal team.
The corporate counsel role is based in our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and will report to the VP of Legal. Working closely with legal team colleagues and senior business executives throughout the company, you will be responsible for managing core corporate legal functions, particularly including transactional work, corporate governance matters, and securities filings.
- Lead attorney for the corporate development team. Provide daily support on all transactional work including corporate financings, M&A, acquihires, and other strategic transactions of regulated financial institutions and unregulated tech companies. Coordinate among the legal, finance, and corporate development teams and external corporate counsel on all of the above.
- Manage domestic and international subsidiary governance matters, including coordinating and preparing for meetings of sub boards, inter-company capitalization, inter-company agreements, and managing local director / representative relationships as required for foreign subsidiaries.
- Assist VP of Legal and Chief Legal & Risk officer in preparing for parent company Board meetings and provide advice on corporate governance best practices, including assistance on general board and shareholder matters, the formation of corporate governance policies, securities filings, and coordination of stock or equity issuance.
- Responsible for cap table management, including oversight of stock administration matters (future full-time employee required).
- An outstanding practitioner, capable of operating independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. 5+ years of corporate law experience at a national law firm and 2+ years in house experience at a large tech company preferred.
- Seasoned judgement, analytical rigor, and enthusiastic collaboration with legal and business colleagues is critical. You must be able to provide crisp, timely, and pragmatic legal advice and execute swiftly on many tasks.
- A keen eye for opportunities to establish automated and scalable processes. We are looking for a builder with excellent work ethic, abundant positive energy, a healthy curiosity for our industry, and good sense of humor (by non-lawyer standards!).
What to Send:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A few paragraphs describing your interest in and fitness for the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply For This Job
* = required field